Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Matt Doyle at Rockwood


Monday night, I headed down to the Lower East Side with my friend Chris to see Matt Doyle perform at Rockwood Music Hall. Matt is a singer-songwriter and Broadway performer, and I’ve been following his career for over five years. He got his start in Spring Awakening before moving on to Bye Bye Birdie and War Horse. He’s also been on Gossip Girl and starred in the film Private Romeo. Matt’s two EPs, Daylight and Constant, feature soulful and intimate songs that are based on his own experiences.


I’ve seen Matt perform many times, both on Broadway and in his own concerts, and every time I watch him, his talent blows me away. The harmony of the music and the emotion and power in his performance are both intoxicating. Matt is also incredibly sincere and grateful for those people (including me) who come out to see him again and again. He’s one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met, and I love going to support him in any endeavor he does. Check out some of the songs from Monday’s show below, with a special sighting of yours truly (the lime green in my shirt gives it away)!
 
















Yesterday, Matt returned to Broadway as Elder Price in The Book of Mormon (AKA the hottest ticket on Broadway!), and I couldn’t be happier for him. It’s one of the most brilliant shows I’ve ever seen, and I know he’s going to be amazing! I’m going back to see the show again in January, and I can’t wait to see Matt's performance! Take a look at the new Elders courtesy of Matt's Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment