Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tina Fey & Amy Poehler to Host Golden Globes


Now that midterm week is finally over and I have a lot more time on my hands, I’ve been able to catch up on some of the most recent entertainment news. Perhaps the most exciting news announcement last week revealed that Tina Fey and Amy Poehler would be hosting the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards on January 13, 2013. It’s some of the best news I’ve heard in a while, and now I really can’t wait for awards season!


The Golden Globes are presented by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and honor the best in film and television. It’s my favorite award show of the year because everything about it is so relaxed. The ceremony is held in a hotel ballroom instead of a theater, so all the attendees get to sit at tables and enjoy dinner and plenty of champagne. And obviously there are also the great one-liners, after-parties, and all those dresses to judge!

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are going to do a phenomenal job hosting the Golden Globes! They’ve been two of the funniest ladies on television for years, both in front of and behind the camera. I’m glad to get to see them hosting an awards show that has an unscripted format, so I know that anything can happen. I’m also really curious to see how their performance compares to Seth MacFarlane’s hosting gig at next year’s Oscars, especially since the three have very different senses of humor.

Based on the antics they’ve created in the past, I’m most looking forward to whatever Fey and Poehler have up their sleeves during the ceremony. Here are a few examples of what happens when these two stir up some fun at award shows.
Poehler and her fellow nominees played with glasses at the 2009 Emmys:


Two years later, Poehler led Fey and their competitors in a beauty pageant of sorts:


And, of course, there’s Tina Fey photobombing Amy Poehler at this year’s Golden Globes:


The only downside to this announcement is that I have to wait almost three months for the Globes. Perhaps that will give the NBC censors a chance to warm up their fingers for when they have to press the mute button. I have a feeling they might need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment